Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

MDW: Spring Lake 5


Memorial Day Weekend

Did you spend your MDW DTS? If so, bravo. However, if you used any of the previous abbreviations while enjoying your long weekend activities, you should be denied the right to ever enjoy a MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND DOWN AT THE SHORE again. 

Write it out, people. I was informed by Manasquan inhabitants that people who abbreviate are not shore-worthy and are likely to be labeled a "benny", "shoobie", etc. 
Avoid the embarrassment, act the part, spell it out. 

My Memorial Day Weekend, poetically representing the end of my freedom and my clinging to college memories and worry-free days for dear life, was spent at the one-and-only Jersey Shore with my favorite people doing one of my favorite activities.... running. 

Race: The Spring Lake 5 
The largest road race in NJ and the largest 5 miler in the nation! 
Weather: 85 & Sunny = perfection. 
My clocked time: 40 mins 32 secs





My new lifeline - I'm obsessed! 


























And then, of course, afterwards...(siiigghhhh)........




My favorite distance followed by my favorite ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment