Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Shoe of the Week: Nike Free Luxe

Shoe of the Week: 
Nike Free Luxe 


You're starting to now figure out that I have an obsessions with hot pink shoes. 

I've recently become a Nike girl - I never used to wear them in high school because the soccer cleats were always too narrow. However, once Division I rolled around, my team's sponsor was Nike, thus I had no choice. Voila, a Nike girl was born. 

The Free Run is my favorite shoe. I'm currently training for my Tough Mudder and other upcoming races in the Nike Free+ 7.0 for my shorter runs and Lunarlons for my long runs. My beautiful roommate, Ali, owns these featured sassy sneaks and let me test 'em out for the night. 

Incredibly light and not much support, I would not suggest training for long distances in these shoes if you don't already run in Frees. Whenever I wear them, I feel barefoot. However, they are perfect for up to a 5-miler AND for a night run because traffic will see you from a mile away. 






I was inspired to make these the Shoe of the Week by the current Nike commercial. A bit corny for my liking, but filled with so much girl power I feel like I'm at a Spice Girls concert. It had to be included. 

Compliments of Youtube
Beyonce said it herself, "Who run the world? GIRLS!" In this case, it's poetically literal. 

1 comment: